Blue roundup: NBA analysts weigh in on Jimmer Fredette
Now that the NBA Draft Lottery is over, and with the draft a little more than a month away, potential draftees are heading to Chicago for the NBA Draft Combine. BYU star Jimmer Fredette is one of more than 50 players expected to participate, including Duke's Kyrie Irving, Kentucky's Brandon Knight, San Diego State's Kawhi Leonard, and UConn's Kemba Walker.
Fredette is regarded as one of the most intriguing players in this year's draft. This article says Fredette's "stock is most volatile." CBSSports.com's most recent mock draft has Fredette going at No. 7 to Sacramento. "Saved by the bell at the end of the 2010-11 season, the Kings' franchise desperately needs a ticket-seller more than any in the league. Few have fascinated the masses more than Fredette this past season," writes CBSSports.com's Dave Del Grande.
The Sporting News predicts Fredette will end up going to Charlotte at No. 9. "The Bobcats need shooting help," Sean Deveney writes, "and no one in this draft does it better than Fredette."
Meanwhile, Yahoo! Sports' mock draft has Fredette falling all the way to No. 20 to Minnesota. "This would be a disappointing fall for the darling of college basketball, and will ultimately depend heavily on his performance in private workouts, particularly in his ability to defend one-on-one," Jonathan Givony. "Minnesota was the second-youngest team in the NBA, so another rookie is probably the last thing the T'wolves need. Look for this pick to be shopped. If it's not moved, Fredette is one of the most experienced players in the draft and would give the team a solid backup plan if Ricky Rubio(notes) stays in Europe."
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26