Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Humanitarian update and the Hill Cumorah circa 1922
Humanitarian update: Barett Christensen highlights the recent LDS Church's “Humanitarian Update (May 17, 2011)” that includes news about the Slave Lake, Alberta, forest fire, which has destroyed one-third of the homes there, including 10 members’ homes, as well as news regarding the Mississippi Valley flooding, where “No Church property has been affected.” Click in to learn more or donate.
Women’s Conference: You can now get many of the recent “BYU Women’s Conference” talks on-demand at BYU-TV! Awesome. Enjoy hours of listening to Sisters Julie B. Beck, Elaine S. Dalton, Kathy Clayton, Barbara Thompson and more. Hat-tip Mormon Women blog.
Hill Cumorah: Want to see a photo of the Hill Cumorah without its lush forest? Ardis E. Parshall takes us back almost 90 years in this “Palmyra Pilgrimage -1922” to show a very bare Hill Cumorah, after the old growth forest was cleared and before it was replanted it. Wow!
Temple picture: It’s been a while since I’ve featured a photo snapshot, but I loved this picture of the Salt Lake Temple found at this post titled “But if not…”. It is so artistic and beautiful. Check it out!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8