Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Humanitarian update and the Hill Cumorah circa 1922
Humanitarian update: Barett Christensen highlights the recent LDS Church's “Humanitarian Update (May 17, 2011)” that includes news about the Slave Lake, Alberta, forest fire, which has destroyed one-third of the homes there, including 10 members’ homes, as well as news regarding the Mississippi Valley flooding, where “No Church property has been affected.” Click in to learn more or donate.
Women’s Conference: You can now get many of the recent “BYU Women’s Conference” talks on-demand at BYU-TV! Awesome. Enjoy hours of listening to Sisters Julie B. Beck, Elaine S. Dalton, Kathy Clayton, Barbara Thompson and more. Hat-tip Mormon Women blog.
Hill Cumorah: Want to see a photo of the Hill Cumorah without its lush forest? Ardis E. Parshall takes us back almost 90 years in this “Palmyra Pilgrimage -1922” to show a very bare Hill Cumorah, after the old growth forest was cleared and before it was replanted it. Wow!
Temple picture: It’s been a while since I’ve featured a photo snapshot, but I loved this picture of the Salt Lake Temple found at this post titled “But if not…”. It is so artistic and beautiful. Check it out!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 175
- Why I don’t call myself a... 96
- 11 things you should know about the... 73
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- State bills to protect religious... 23
- The challenges and blessings of... 20
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17