Blue roundup: John Beck says he's ready to start for Redskins
Former BYU quarterback John Beck is ready to take over the starting job for the Washington Redskins.
Beck told SiriusXM NFL radio Monday that "I believe I'm a starter in the NFL." He has been calling players to get together for workouts during the lockout.
"I basically say, 'Screw the awkwardness.' 'I'm trying to be the starting quarterback," Beck said. "I'll call whoever, try to set whatever up. If you don't think like a starter and act like a starter, your teammates probably aren't gonna believe you're the starter. So I'm thinking I'm the starter."
Follow former Cougar Chad Lewis as he, ESPN football analyst Tedy Bruschi, former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and four injured military service members are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. Follow their progress here. Read Bruschi's report of their journey here.
BYU won the annual "Deseret First Duel" for the third time in four years with a 35-23 victory over Utah in the all-sports competition.
Read an in-depth profile of BYU guard Jimmer Fredette in the latest issue of BYU Magazine.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 44