Blue roundup: John Beck says he's ready to start for Redskins
Former BYU quarterback John Beck is ready to take over the starting job for the Washington Redskins.
Beck told SiriusXM NFL radio Monday that "I believe I'm a starter in the NFL." He has been calling players to get together for workouts during the lockout.
"I basically say, 'Screw the awkwardness.' 'I'm trying to be the starting quarterback," Beck said. "I'll call whoever, try to set whatever up. If you don't think like a starter and act like a starter, your teammates probably aren't gonna believe you're the starter. So I'm thinking I'm the starter."
Follow former Cougar Chad Lewis as he, ESPN football analyst Tedy Bruschi, former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and four injured military service members are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. Follow their progress here. Read Bruschi's report of their journey here.
BYU won the annual "Deseret First Duel" for the third time in four years with a 35-23 victory over Utah in the all-sports competition.
Read an in-depth profile of BYU guard Jimmer Fredette in the latest issue of BYU Magazine.
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13