Blue roundup: John Beck says he's ready to start for Redskins
Former BYU quarterback John Beck is ready to take over the starting job for the Washington Redskins.
Beck told SiriusXM NFL radio Monday that "I believe I'm a starter in the NFL." He has been calling players to get together for workouts during the lockout.
"I basically say, 'Screw the awkwardness.' 'I'm trying to be the starting quarterback," Beck said. "I'll call whoever, try to set whatever up. If you don't think like a starter and act like a starter, your teammates probably aren't gonna believe you're the starter. So I'm thinking I'm the starter."
Follow former Cougar Chad Lewis as he, ESPN football analyst Tedy Bruschi, former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and four injured military service members are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. Follow their progress here. Read Bruschi's report of their journey here.
BYU won the annual "Deseret First Duel" for the third time in four years with a 35-23 victory over Utah in the all-sports competition.
Read an in-depth profile of BYU guard Jimmer Fredette in the latest issue of BYU Magazine.
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real possibility...
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will...
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU fans...
- Nicholls State assistant football coach is...
- BYU's Bronson Kaufusi eager to display new...
- Reports: Former BYU star Brett Keisel agrees...
- BYU camp report: Taysom Hill throws a pair of...
- Rock On: BYU soccer star gone, not forgotten
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 131
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 92
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 70
- ESPN lists BYU and Utah State as... 64
- Dick Harmon: Will Utah State, BYU be... 46
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 44
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 40
- BYU's offense 'too sloppy' in scrimmage 29