Blue roundup: John Beck says he's ready to start for Redskins
Former BYU quarterback John Beck is ready to take over the starting job for the Washington Redskins.
Beck told SiriusXM NFL radio Monday that "I believe I'm a starter in the NFL." He has been calling players to get together for workouts during the lockout.
"I basically say, 'Screw the awkwardness.' 'I'm trying to be the starting quarterback," Beck said. "I'll call whoever, try to set whatever up. If you don't think like a starter and act like a starter, your teammates probably aren't gonna believe you're the starter. So I'm thinking I'm the starter."
Follow former Cougar Chad Lewis as he, ESPN football analyst Tedy Bruschi, former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and four injured military service members are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. Follow their progress here. Read Bruschi's report of their journey here.
BYU won the annual "Deseret First Duel" for the third time in four years with a 35-23 victory over Utah in the all-sports competition.
Read an in-depth profile of BYU guard Jimmer Fredette in the latest issue of BYU Magazine.
- Red and Blue Recruits: 'Sometimes when it...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Some surprises, lots of defense, on first day...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Former walk-on Kyle Johnson has become BYU's...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 295
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 83
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 60
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 45
- Peavler: Is Utah State BYU's biggest... 43
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39