Blue roundup: John Beck says he's ready to start for Redskins
Former BYU quarterback John Beck is ready to take over the starting job for the Washington Redskins.
Beck told SiriusXM NFL radio Monday that "I believe I'm a starter in the NFL." He has been calling players to get together for workouts during the lockout.
"I basically say, 'Screw the awkwardness.' 'I'm trying to be the starting quarterback," Beck said. "I'll call whoever, try to set whatever up. If you don't think like a starter and act like a starter, your teammates probably aren't gonna believe you're the starter. So I'm thinking I'm the starter."
Follow former Cougar Chad Lewis as he, ESPN football analyst Tedy Bruschi, former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, and four injured military service members are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro to raise awareness for the Wounded Warrior Project. Follow their progress here. Read Bruschi's report of their journey here.
BYU won the annual "Deseret First Duel" for the third time in four years with a 35-23 victory over Utah in the all-sports competition.
Read an in-depth profile of BYU guard Jimmer Fredette in the latest issue of BYU Magazine.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 73
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 71
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 55
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 31