Alvarez got the start in place of an injured Fabian Espindola on top of the 4-4-2 formation RSL employs. He made some good runs and showed some nifty moves to get around the Houston defense but missed some passes and his one shot on goal was easily saved. He is expected to be a key part of the attack and showed that he may be so before too long if he can continue to connect passes and begin to finish his chances. Grade B+
Williams continues to play much younger than his age, displaying constant energy and ball-winning capabilities in the midfield, which may be why he was the first substitute off the bench for RSL coach Jason Kreis. His shot late in stoppage time was just wide of the post for a potential winner, but he looked very comfortable on the pitch for the time that he was on. Grade A-
Alexandre was able to win some tackles in the middle of the field, but also seemed to give up possession to the Dynamo, which led to counter-attacking opportunities. His touch was off a bit, but he did nothing that cost the team in the long run. Grade B-
Gonzalez saw his first action for RSL this season and showed potential to be a choice for the line-up every week while Morales is on the mend. His service into the box was something that the RSL attack had been lacking recently, and while it was not always on target, it showed a threat from wide parts of the field. If his fitness can improve, he may be able to help the team even more. Grade B+
Landon Walters is a history and political science major currently studying at Salt Lake Community College and is an avid sports fan. He can be reached at email@example.com or on twitter at www.twitter.com/LandawgDew
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13