Alvarez got the start in place of an injured Fabian Espindola on top of the 4-4-2 formation RSL employs. He made some good runs and showed some nifty moves to get around the Houston defense but missed some passes and his one shot on goal was easily saved. He is expected to be a key part of the attack and showed that he may be so before too long if he can continue to connect passes and begin to finish his chances. Grade B+
Williams continues to play much younger than his age, displaying constant energy and ball-winning capabilities in the midfield, which may be why he was the first substitute off the bench for RSL coach Jason Kreis. His shot late in stoppage time was just wide of the post for a potential winner, but he looked very comfortable on the pitch for the time that he was on. Grade A-
Alexandre was able to win some tackles in the middle of the field, but also seemed to give up possession to the Dynamo, which led to counter-attacking opportunities. His touch was off a bit, but he did nothing that cost the team in the long run. Grade B-
Gonzalez saw his first action for RSL this season and showed potential to be a choice for the line-up every week while Morales is on the mend. His service into the box was something that the RSL attack had been lacking recently, and while it was not always on target, it showed a threat from wide parts of the field. If his fitness can improve, he may be able to help the team even more. Grade B+
Landon Walters is a history and political science major currently studying at Salt Lake Community College and is an avid sports fan. He can be reached at email@example.com or on twitter at www.twitter.com/LandawgDew
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 108
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 65
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 31
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 13
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C.... 12