Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Donny Osmond asks fans to vote for Fictionist
Rolling Stone: The third round of the Rolling Stone cover contest ends today! Donny Osmond was the last Mormon (I think!) to be on the cover 35 years ago. Check out his video asking for votes for Fictionist so that an entire band of Mormons can grace the cover. And you can help vote Fictionist on to the final round!
Ecumenical conversation: “Two Christians, a Muslim and a Jew meet a group of Republicans. No joke. It happened last week in Redmond (Washington) at a meeting of the Eastside Republican Club. Four religious leaders, each from conservative denominations, talked about how far government ought to accommodate religion.” And one of these Christians was a local Mormon leader. Click to see what these four leaders discussed at this “Ecumenical conversation about government and religion.”
First step: “It’s pretty strange and uncommon to be a member of any church but it’s very uncommon to a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” in the Czech Republic. So explains this stalwart LDS youth who tell his conversion story in the new Mormon Messages for Youth video about how he took “The First Step” in praying to know if God was really there. And see what happened next!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5