Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: Donny Osmond asks fans to vote for Fictionist
Rolling Stone: The third round of the Rolling Stone cover contest ends today! Donny Osmond was the last Mormon (I think!) to be on the cover 35 years ago. Check out his video asking for votes for Fictionist so that an entire band of Mormons can grace the cover. And you can help vote Fictionist on to the final round!
Ecumenical conversation: “Two Christians, a Muslim and a Jew meet a group of Republicans. No joke. It happened last week in Redmond (Washington) at a meeting of the Eastside Republican Club. Four religious leaders, each from conservative denominations, talked about how far government ought to accommodate religion.” And one of these Christians was a local Mormon leader. Click to see what these four leaders discussed at this “Ecumenical conversation about government and religion.”
First step: “It’s pretty strange and uncommon to be a member of any church but it’s very uncommon to a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” in the Czech Republic. So explains this stalwart LDS youth who tell his conversion story in the new Mormon Messages for Youth video about how he took “The First Step” in praying to know if God was really there. And see what happened next!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 11
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Why congregation size matters when it... 2