OREM — Aspiring musical artists from Utah and other states will perform at a public concert on Saturday, May 14, at 7 p.m. at Mountain View High School.
The concert is a part of the Stadium of Fire Talent Search, which is sponsored by America's Freedom Festival. Local comedian Stephen Jones will host the event.
A panel of judges will choose the 10 performers from 25 who will be competing in an audition the previous evening. Those contestants were selected by the public in an online vote earlier this month.
Following Saturday's evaluation, the best three will earn a ticket to Stadium of Fire on July 2 to compete for a $10,000 prize. Country music star Brad Paisley and former "American Idol" contestant David Archuleta will headline the event at LaVell Edwards Stadium.
America’s Freedom Festival launched Stadium of Fire Talent Search in February of this year. More than 400 applicants, who varied from singers and dancers to instrumentalists and novelty acts, submitted videos of their performances to the event's website.
The free concert will take place in the auditorium of Mountain View High School, 665 W. Center St. in Orem. Doors open to the public at 6:30 p.m. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- TLC cancels its 'Honey Boo Boo' series
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60's band Cream, dies...
- The 'boo' stops here!
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 3
- BYU Broadcasting wins 13 more Emmys for... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1