WENDOVER — A manhunt for Able Perez began in Nevada and Utah Wednesday night shortly after he was was identified as the suspect in a shooting outside of a nightclub.
Thursday morning that search came to an end.
Dispatchers in West Wendover received a call from Perez Thursday around 5:30 a.m. He told them to send police officers to his location because he was going to shoot himself. When officers arrived to the 600 block of Oak Street, where Perez showed up at this brother's house, police say he immediately shot himself without talking to them.
Investigators say he used the same shotgun he used on his wife last night. Perez followed his wife to the West Wendover night club Area 51 around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and shot her in the head before she got out of her vehicle, said West Wendover Police Sgt. David Wiskerchen.
Perez had called his wife earlier in the evening and threatened to kill her if she went to the club, police say.
Perez's wife was conscious and talking to police when they arrived on scene Wednesday night. However, she quickly became unconscious. She was flown to a Salt Lake hospital in extremely critical condition last night and was immediately rushed into surgery. She has since been upgraded to critical condition.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle...
- Zion's Hidden Canyon Trail to close for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 96
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9