Paul Sakuma, Associated Press
Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News tackles the topic of whether the Pac-10's decision to add Colorado and Utah was worth it. The soon-to-be formed Pac-12 recently signed a lucrative 12-year television deal with ESPN and Fox, adding millions of dollars of revenue to each school's athletic department coffers. Expansion also made a conference championship football game possible.
Even so, was it worth it for existing members Arizona, Arizona State, California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Washington and Washington State?
— Utah guard Caleb Schlauderaff is back home in Washington state working out with his brother while waiting for the NFL lockout to end. He was drafted by the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers in the sixth round of last month's draft.
— Ex-Ute Zane Beadles saw a little action as a soccer goalie before a Denver Broncos workout at a family fitness center.
— And finally, former Ute Andre Miller received a season grade of an "A" from blazersedge.com for his efforts this year with Portland.
Red roundup is a sampling of University of Utah sports news on the Web. It is complied each weekday.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15