CEDAR CITY — Six candidates have filed notice to replace the late Republican Sen. Dennis Stowell, including his widow.
The six are Casey Anderson, Peter Greathouse, Keith Harrison, Allen G. Smith, Marilee A. Stowell and Evan J. Vickers. Senate District 28 covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County. The term expires January 2013.
A special caucus meeting will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
Stowell, of Parowan, died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
Candidate contact information can be found at utahgop.org.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16