CEDAR CITY — Six candidates have filed notice to replace the late Republican Sen. Dennis Stowell, including his widow.
The six are Casey Anderson, Peter Greathouse, Keith Harrison, Allen G. Smith, Marilee A. Stowell and Evan J. Vickers. Senate District 28 covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County. The term expires January 2013.
A special caucus meeting will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
Stowell, of Parowan, died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
Candidate contact information can be found at utahgop.org.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 24