CEDAR CITY — Six candidates have filed notice to replace the late Republican Sen. Dennis Stowell, including his widow.
The six are Casey Anderson, Peter Greathouse, Keith Harrison, Allen G. Smith, Marilee A. Stowell and Evan J. Vickers. Senate District 28 covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County. The term expires January 2013.
A special caucus meeting will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
Stowell, of Parowan, died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
Candidate contact information can be found at utahgop.org.
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Parties have now finalized arguments in...
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Body found near Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 72
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 35
- British judge hears arguments in case... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28