CEDAR CITY — Six candidates have filed notice to replace the late Republican Sen. Dennis Stowell, including his widow.
The six are Casey Anderson, Peter Greathouse, Keith Harrison, Allen G. Smith, Marilee A. Stowell and Evan J. Vickers. Senate District 28 covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County. The term expires January 2013.
A special caucus meeting will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University. Registration opens at 4:30 p.m.
Stowell, of Parowan, died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
Candidate contact information can be found at utahgop.org.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9