— On Oregon, “I love their uniforms and their facilities are simply amazing. I love their defensive coordinator Nick Aliotti and it’s an honor to have an offer from such a big program as Oregon. They did great last year and I loved watching them play.”
— On Utah, “I’ve known Coach Kalani Sitake there since I was in the eighth grade. He’s a very good friend of the family and he’s doing a great job at Utah. He’d also be a great coach to play for. Utah has had a lot of success lately and playing in that program, it’s something I’ll consider for sure.”
— On BYU, “BYU is my top choice right now. I’m LDS and I love the standards they have there and how the team conducts itself. BYU has a special atmosphere that I absolutely love. When you talk to Coach Mendenhall, and just being at BYU and around the program, it’s just special and unique. It’s not like any other program.”
Ah Ching has a busy summer planned as he’ll trip to camps at Florida, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Cal, Oregon, BYU and the All-Poly camp among others: “I want to show what I can do and to get as many offers as possible, so I can make the best decision for myself,” he said.
He plans on waiting until National Letter-of-Intent day to make his decision. He’s not planning to commit before then like most other recruits. BYU hasn’t fared well at all with last-minute commits much less with those that make their decision on LOI day, but that could change in 2012 with Ah Ching.
“It’s going to be very, very hard for me to sign with another school other than BYU,” he said. “My heart is at BYU right now and I think it might always be there, even if I sign with another school. They’re my top choice right now, but it’s a big decision for me, and I want to think through everything carefully and then decide.”
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18