Consider it a trade, of sorts. After losing leading scorer and rebounder Will Clyburn in a transfer to Iowa State, Utah has picked up a former Cyclone recruit, prep star Anthony Odunsi, a 6-foot-3, 190-pound combo guard out of Travis High School in Fort Bend, Texas. An official announcement is expected later today.
Odunsi, who averaged 18.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 steals last season as a senior, originally signed with Iowa State but asked for a release last month. Houston sportscaster Bob Slovak of ABC-13 confirmed Odunsi's Utah move via Twitter.
— Ex-Ute Eric Weddle of the San Diego Chargers is waiting to cash in on NFL free agency. Weddle spoke with cbssports.com.
— The Seattle Times takes a look at Pac-12 football newcomers Colorado and Utah.
— The Portland Tribune "can't imagine" the Trail Blazers not retaining former Ute Andre Miller.
— And finally, Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News examined the Pac-12's new television contract and dug up some answers to questions inquiring minds want to know.
Red roundup is a sampling of University of Utah sports news on the Web. It is complied each weekday.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34