Consider it a trade, of sorts. After losing leading scorer and rebounder Will Clyburn in a transfer to Iowa State, Utah has picked up a former Cyclone recruit, prep star Anthony Odunsi, a 6-foot-3, 190-pound combo guard out of Travis High School in Fort Bend, Texas. An official announcement is expected later today.
Odunsi, who averaged 18.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 2.1 steals last season as a senior, originally signed with Iowa State but asked for a release last month. Houston sportscaster Bob Slovak of ABC-13 confirmed Odunsi's Utah move via Twitter.
— Ex-Ute Eric Weddle of the San Diego Chargers is waiting to cash in on NFL free agency. Weddle spoke with cbssports.com.
— The Seattle Times takes a look at Pac-12 football newcomers Colorado and Utah.
— The Portland Tribune "can't imagine" the Trail Blazers not retaining former Ute Andre Miller.
— And finally, Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News examined the Pac-12's new television contract and dug up some answers to questions inquiring minds want to know.
Red roundup is a sampling of University of Utah sports news on the Web. It is complied each weekday.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16