SALT LAKE CITY — Lori Nelson, a partner at the law firm of Jones Waldo Holbrook & McDonough, has been elected president of the Utah State Bar for 2012-13.
She will serve as president-elect for 2011-12, replacing Rodney Snow, who will take over as president in July. Nelson will become president in July 2012.
Nelson served five years on the bar's Executive Committee.
Also in the recent elections, Utah State Bar members selected commissioners to serve three-year terms representing Third Division and First Division areas of the state.
In the Third Division — Salt Lake, Tooele and Summit counties — Dickson Burton was re-elected, and Eve Furse and Robert Rice were elected as new commissioners. In the First Division — Cache, Box Elder and Rich counties — Herm Olsen was re-elected.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12