Steve Fidel, Deseret News
A Jimmer Fredette fan decided to commemorate the death of terrorist Osama bin Laden by placing dozens of red, white and blue cups spelling out, "Osama Got Jimmered!" on the overpass above University Parkway. Here's what ESPN.com, USA Today and CBSSports.com have to say about it.
Speaking of Jimmer, this blogger says Fredette's stock is slipping when it comes to the upcoming NBA Draft.
Meanwhile, former BYU pitcher and Baltimore Orioles starter Jeremy Guthrie, who lives in Pleasant Grove, Utah, during the offseason, has been very open about his admiration of Fredette. He's worn "You Got Jimmered!" T-shirts to postgame news conferences with reporters. Unfortunately for Guthrie, who finished his collegiate career at Stanford, lost to the Chicago White Sox Monday in Chicago, 6-2.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 44
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 39