Emily W. Jensen: Today in the Bloggernacle: New MTC teaching and a civility experiment
MTC training: “Starting in just a few days in May, all MTCs around the world are changing their training curriculum for all new missionaries. In the past, new missionaries were learning the doctrines of 'Preach My Gospel' Chapter 3, relating to the lesson content of their teaching. No longer will that happen. What this means is that new missionaries will arrive to the mission field not knowing the lessons from Chapter 3 unless they studied them before their mission. In a recent mission president's seminar we were instructed that starting August 1, a new 12-week 'in-field' training effort would begin for new missionary arrivals. This 12-week infield study will help them learn Chapter 3 lessons and qualify their doctrinal content for teaching. Personally, I see this as a great step forward and improvement in missionary preparation. Both these changes in training will result in a more effective missionary teacher.” Wow! Click to learn more about this “New MTC Training and Curriculum.”
Being good: What happens when random New Yorkers get together to talk about kindness and civility? That’s the premise of the new Mormon Message video “The Civility Experiment.” And the results will surprise, and likely, delight you! “It doesn’t cost one penny to be polite.” It’s so true.
Royal wedding: Were you able to get a glimpse at the royal wedding? Well this blogger explains that “Every Temple Marriage is a Royal Wedding.” Why? “A temple marriage comes with all of the promises to true royalty. True riches of a godly kind, including land, posterity and power! And to faithful members of the LDS Church, these promises are believed to be possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.” Check out the entire lovely post.
Mormon artist: With fascinating interviews with writer Gerald Lund, musician David Glen Hatch and sculptor Nnamdi Okonkwo, the latest issue of the Mormon Artist Issue 15 is a must read. Plus, check out the incredible (and online only) mini video documentary of organist Blaine Gale! Love it!
- Temple Square hosts New Year's EVE events
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to release...
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- What's new: 'Jesus the Christ Study Guide'...
- Wright Words: My friend David is Christian,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Getting ready to study...
- Reader voices: Choosing my reflection
- 'Unbroken' billed as faith-based film, but...
- Religious freedom and economic growth... 20
- Creators of 'Saratov Approach' to... 16
- This is what going to church does to you 11
- Wright Words: My friend David is... 9
- It's a 'Christmas break' for many, but... 6
- How churches can attract younger people 6
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas... 5
- Why congregation size matters when it... 2