1. New York Red Bulls (4-1-2, 14 points) Prvs 2: The Bulls didn't play their best soccer of the year, but a 1-0 victory over a road weary Kansas City team was enough to move to the top of the standings. Next week's match against Los Angeles should be the game of the week. Next up: Los Angeles, Saturday.
2. Real Salt Lake (4-1-0, 12 points) Prvs 1: Five normal starters were missing from RSL's lineup against Portland that may explain the 1-0 loss. Both the defensive and offensive units looked tired, uninspired and even a little bored. Losing the biggest game of RSL's history a few days earlier isn't a good enough excuse. Next up: Chivas, Saturday.
3. Houston Dynamo (3-1-3, 12 points) Prvs 6: Houston played the best of the season winning 4-1 against D.C. United. Rookie Will Bruin has proven to be a great addition for the team. A beautiful cross from Geoff Cameron to Bruin for his second goal was easily the assist of the week. Next up: Colorado, Wednesday.
4. Philadelphia Union (4-1-1, 13 points) Prvs 4: Philadelphia, which was down a man shortly after halftime, pulled out an ugly, gutsy victory over San Jose. The Union continue to win 1-0 matches, but the lack of goal scoring is going to catch up with the team sooner or later. The Union has scored only five goals in six games. Next up: Portland, Friday.
5. Los Angeles Galaxy (4-2-3, 15 points) Prvs 3: Apparently the return of Landon Donovan didn't bring the stability everyone expected it to. The Galaxy are still one of the best teams in the league but are also one of the most fickle. Next up: New York, Saturday.
6. Seattle Sounders (3-2-3, 12 points) Prvs 5: Seattle played great soccer against one of the worst teams in MLS - Toronto. To move up in this poll the Sounders need to come away with a victory against a quality opponent. Seattle has beaten Toronto, Colorado and Chicago but lost to Houston and Los Angeles. Next up: DC United, Wednesday.
7. FC Dallas (3-3-1, 10 points) Prvs 10: Apparently a season-ending injury to a star player is the key to winning the next game. Both Dallas and Seattle lost key players last week, but both rebounded well. However, Dallas fans should be ashamed for abandoning their team because of rain. The stadium was nearly empty when Brek Shea stunningly scored in the 87th minute. Next up: D.C. United, Saturday.
8. Columbus Crew (3-1-3, 12 points) Prvs 7: Columbus is continuing to still play surprisingly well. The Crew will have to continue this way to stay relevant in an increasingly competitive Eastern Conference. Next up: Seattle, Saturday.
9. Portland Timbers (3-3-1, 10 points) Prvs 12: JELD-Wen field may soon replace Rio Tinto as the newest MLS fortress. A 3-0-0 record is not comparable to RSL's old unbeaten at home record, at least not yet. Next up: Philadelphia, Friday.
10. Colorado Rapids (3-3-1, 10 points) Prvs 9: Colorado was the only team to not win at home last week. Rapid fans have seen a promising season for last year's champions start to fall apart. Brian Mullen's 10-game suspension simply adds to it. Next up: Houston, Wednesday.
11. Chivas USA (2-2-3, 9 points) Prvs 16: Two victories in a row are helping Goats fans forget about the horrible start. Marcos Mondaini's goal, the first of his MLS career and second of three Chivas goals against New England, was the best goal of the week. Next up: Salt Lake, Saturday.
12. New England Revolution (2-3-3, 9 points) Prvs 8: New England was making some progress, but a 3-0 loss to Chivas is like taking five steps back for one step forward. Next up: Colorado, Saturday.
13. Chicago (1-3-3, 6 points): Prvs 14: A tie is a better than a loss, but Chicago should have come away with the win against a rapidly falling Colorado team. Next up: Vancouver, Saturday.
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Former Cougar Dennis Pitta scores first...
- Utah State football: Aggies will take on No....
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 97
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 62
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 46
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 31
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 27