A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
CES Fireside: Sister Rosemary M. Wixom, May 1, 6 p.m. MDT
BYU Young Ambassadors: May 6, 7 p.m., Alabama Theatre, Birmingham (see pam.byu.edu for ticket information)
Los Angeles Temple Visitors' Center: "The Power of Music," Nela Otuafi and Friends, May 1, 7 p.m.
BYU Alumni Association, Sacramento Chapter: Retreat, Warner and Kaye Woodworth, April 29-May 1, Monterey (see alumni.byu.edu/asilomar2011 for prices and registration)
Temple Hill: "How Great the Love" art exhibit, through July 31, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Tapestry, Weaving the Community of Dance, May 7, 7 p.m. (see www.beholddance.org)
San Diego: Mormon Night with the San Diego Padres vs. Atlanta Braves, June 25, Petco Park
BYU Singers: Concert, April 30, 7 p.m., Pine Creek High School, Colorado Springs;May 3, 7:30 p.m., Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Alamosa; May 4, 7 p.m., Pueblo East High School, Pueblo; May 5, 7:30 p.m., Littleton High School, Littleton; May 7, 7:30 p.m., St. Elizabeth Roman Catholic Church, Denver (see pam.byu.edu for ticket information)
BYU Young Ambassadors: May 12, 7 p.m., Curtis M. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, Gainesville; May 13, 7 p.m., Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Tampa; May 14, 7 p.m., Osceola Performing Arts Center, Kissimmee; May 17, 7:30 p.m., Naples Philharmonic Center, Naples; May 18, 7:30 p.m., Miramar Cultural Center, Miramar (see pam.byu.edu for ticket information)
BYU Young Ambassadors: May 7, 7:30 p.m., Atlanta Civic Center, Atlanta; May 10, 7 p.m., Imperial Theatre, Augusta (see pam.byu.edu for ticket information)
Idaho Falls Temple Visitors Center: "Reflections of Christ" traveling exhibit, through May 31
Pocatello: Time Out for Women, May 6-7 (see www.deseretbook.com/tofw for cost, schedule and registration)
Nauvoo: Sunday Sociable, Lincoln and Latter-day Saints, Bryon Andreasen, May 1, 7 p.m., Historic Nauvoo Visitors' Center (see www.historicnauvoo.net)
Washington, D.C., Temple Visitors' Center: Humanitarian Exhibit, "Love Thy Neighbor," thru October, open daily 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Yellow River Chinese Art Ensemble, April 30, 7 p.m.; No More Alone Productions, May 7 and 8, 7 p.m.; Night of music and inspiration, May 10, 7:30 p.m.; "The Garden Oratorio," May 14 and 15, 7 p.m.; Why I Believe, President and Sister Halsey, May 22, 7 p.m.; Hua Xia chorus, May 28, 7 p.m.; Fireside: Science, music and faith, May 29, 7 p.m. (see mormon.org/dc)
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Why the University of Miami plans to hire a...
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to the...
- President Uchtdorf visits Europe, returns to...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- America's moral obligation in the global...
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 39
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 18
- Watch: Mormon missionaries rescue... 7
- Why don't more Americans ask faith... 6
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to... 5
- America's moral obligation in the... 5
- In a first, Trump PAC reaches out to Amish 4