"THROUGH HIS EYES: Rethinking what you believe about yourself," by Virginia H. Pearce, $19.99, 112 pages (nf)
Truth seekers will appreciate the conversational style and genuine pearls of wisdom shared by Virginia H. Pearce in her book “Through His Eyes: Rethinking What You Believe About Yourself.”
Comparing our collections of beliefs to the contents of a cluttered closet or “Belief Box,” Pearce clearly defines a challenge we all face: discerning what is eternal truth from relative truths and untruths (mistaken ideas, wrong beliefs or lies).
She uses examples from her life, the lives of friends and the scriptures to succinctly offer specific sound advice on how to decide what is mind clutter, how to clear it, and, once the clutter is cleared, how to keep the space tidy.
“Am I willing to give away my cherished little beliefs — even though they are somewhat comforting (in a perverse way) because of their familiarity” she asks.
“For instance, if I carry the belief that I am hopelessly inadequate and doomed to fail, I no longer feel that I must work diligently — so there is justification in not trying to do difficult things," she said. "For some people, that is an unhappy but comfortable way to live.”
The book is easy to read, nice to look at, has an index and is small enough to be easily tucked into a large purse or briefcase. It is a great read for anyone who wants to honestly examine their beliefs and learn to see themselves more clearly through God’s eyes.
Rosemarie lives in a 100-year old house on Main Street, Springville, Utah. She recently finished work on a documentary for BYU-TV titled "Wei, MinZhi: Daughter of Miracles."
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- DJ Kaskade talks about sticking to LDS...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Passing the torch
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in Salt...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 286
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 114
- Religious groups react to Boy... 65
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 41
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 24
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces first... 14
- ... 10