SALT LAKE CITY — A man faces multiple charges for allegedly stealing copper from a home and trying to stab the homeowner.
Charges filed in the 3rd District Court Wednesday state that when a man returned to his home, he found Brandon Phillip Frazier, 29, crawling out of a broken window.
When the homeowner confronted the intruder, Frazier pointed a large pair of tin snips at his chest and tried to stab him, charges state. Frazier fled on bicycle but was found and detained shortly after.
Frazier had a bag containing a large amount of copper wire and tubing along with the tin snips, two flashlights and a glove, charges state. He told detectives he was desperate for money.
Frazier was charged with two counts of aggravated robbery, a first-degree felony, criminal mischief, a class B misdemeanor and unlawful possession of burglary tools, a class B misdemeanor.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 79
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17