Cougar corner: Y. hoops attendance biggest increase in nation
As Jimmermania grew during the basketball season, so did BYU's attendance. The Marriott Center routinely sold out during the final two months of the season, and for the year, the Cougars averaged 18,714 fans per home contest, which was No. 6 in the nation, according to figures released by the NCAA. BYU was No. 1 in the country in attendance increase, a jump of 4,685 fans per contest from the 2009-10 campaign.
ESPN.com calls BYU left tackle Ryker Mathews "a freshman to watch."
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15