CEDAR CITY — Utah Republicans will hold a special caucus next month to nominate a replacement for the late Sen. Dennis Stowell.
Candidates for the Senate District 28 seat must file in writing with the Utah Republican Party by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. The term expires January 2013. The district covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County.
The caucus will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University.
Stowell died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Passerby was mistakenly used as translator in...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 37
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 18
- Young adults are faced with risky... 16
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12