CEDAR CITY — Utah Republicans will hold a special caucus next month to nominate a replacement for the late Sen. Dennis Stowell.
Candidates for the Senate District 28 seat must file in writing with the Utah Republican Party by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. The term expires January 2013. The district covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County.
The caucus will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University.
Stowell died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25