CEDAR CITY — Utah Republicans will hold a special caucus next month to nominate a replacement for the late Sen. Dennis Stowell.
Candidates for the Senate District 28 seat must file in writing with the Utah Republican Party by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. The term expires January 2013. The district covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County.
The caucus will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University.
Stowell died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17