CEDAR CITY — Utah Republicans will hold a special caucus next month to nominate a replacement for the late Sen. Dennis Stowell.
Candidates for the Senate District 28 seat must file in writing with the Utah Republican Party by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. The term expires January 2013. The district covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County.
The caucus will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University.
Stowell died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12