CEDAR CITY — Utah Republicans will hold a special caucus next month to nominate a replacement for the late Sen. Dennis Stowell.
Candidates for the Senate District 28 seat must file in writing with the Utah Republican Party by 5 p.m. Friday, May 6. The term expires January 2013. The district covers Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Millard counties and eastern Washington County.
The caucus will be held Saturday, May 14 at 6 p.m. at the Hunter Conference Center at Southern Utah University.
Stowell died April 17 from complications related to cancer.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17