DRAPER — Police have located a man who they believe stole a couple's diaper bag and went on a spending spree with their credit and ATM cards.
Police arrested Wilson Anderson Monday afternoon for investigation of three counts of forgery and a count of fraud, said Draper Police Sgt. Chad Carpenter.
Carpenter said Anderson admitted he was the man photographed withdrawing the victims' money from an ATM but denies taking the diaper bag from their car. Anderson told investigators he found the couple's bag outside the church, Carpenter said.
"They're very ecstatic that we're able to catch this person and bring them to justice," Carpenter said.
Analise Jenson's diaper bag was taken April 13. Inside the bag was Jenson's wallet, which contained credit cards, cash ATM cards and a list of passwords, including her pin number.
"We both feel extra violated because you feel that a church is generally a pretty safe place," her husband, Daniel Jenson, said.
With the passwords and credit cards the thief went on a $2,000 shopping spree, hitting gas stations, grocery stores and several fast-food restaurants the first day.
The next day, the thief walked into a Salt Lake City storage unit belonging to her father and walked out with golf clubs and power tools.
"He had all the info. he needed, plus the key to get into that storage unit," Analise Jenson said.
The Jensons now realize that Analise shouldn't have been carrying that kind of personal information with her.
"We've learned a lot from it, which is good for the future, but we don't want to have anybody else learn this way," Daniel Jenson said.
Contributing: Britney Nelson
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Bill would increase incentives for early high...
- Business community supports tax increases for...
- Marc Jenson claims he advised investors early...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 186
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 40
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 36
- LDS statement could move Utah... 29
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 26
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Business community supports tax... 21