13. Toronto FC (1-2-4, 7 points) Prvs 13: American football fans hate the 15-yard celebration penalty, but they would hate it even more if the celebrating player was lost for the rest of the game and their team had to play with one less player. That is exactly what happened to Toronto's fans after Tchani scored the first goal of the game. Tchani was given a second yellow card for celebrating with fans in the stands. MLS really needs to examine its celebration policy. Next up: Seattle, Saturday.
14. Chicago (1-3-2, 5 points): Prvs 17: Marco Pappa taught a valuable lesson to keep playing after a foul and complain to the ref later. His pass on the ground to Diego Chavas resulted in the Fire's only goal. However, Chicago again couldn't come up with a win. The Fire is winless in the last four games. Next up: Colorado, Saturday.
15. Vancouver Whitecaps FC (1-3-3, 6 points) Prvs 12: After winning the first match as an MLS teams Vancouver has lost and drawn three times each. The Whitecaps need to find both a leader and a consistent style of play. Next up: Columbus, Saturday.
16. Chivas USA (1-2-3, 6 points) Prvs 18: Surprisingly, Chivas turned down the waiver to obtain defender Feilhaber. Perhaps that was the vote of confidence the players needed from their coach Robin Fraser to get the win. However, it was most likely playing a weak San Jose team that helped earn the victory. Next up: New England, Saturday.
17. Sporting Kansas City (1-3-1, 4 points) Prvs 16: Sporting is halfway done with the start of season 10-game road trip. If the trend continues Sporting will have a record of 2-6-2 for eight points, which not a great place to be 10 games into the season. At least Sporting will have plenty of home games to try to make up ground. Next up: New York Red Bulls, Saturday.
18. San Jose Earthquakes (1-3-2, 5 points) Prvs 15: Losing to the cellar dwellers results in San Jose being placed at the bottom of the pile. Chris Wondolowski is still the only player putting forth a worthy effort. He scored the Quakes’ only goal against a weak Chivas defense. Next up: Philadelphia, Saturday.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35