Dick Harmon: Hectic year of news for BYU athletic department
Work on that product had to continue aside from all the drama this year, and it included hiring staff and reshuffling assignments for the 30-person staff of full and part-time employees.
"We've already made several trips to Bristol and met with ESPN. What we have planned is exciting. It is an exciting time to see the future of BYU and show exactly the reasons why we said we were going independent — for exposure."
The new website will be revamped to handle extensive video content. The department website, along with BYU-TV's Internet product, will feature full screen, high definition streaming, along with already documented worldwide broadcasting capability via satellite and cable companies.
Working with ESPN and the new BYU-TV studios, the athletic department will soon announce what Tittle described as some nifty handheld (phone) apps to interact with department media features.
Taken as a whole, Tittle made a dramatic declaration.
"The content we will have available will be unmatched in college athletics, and that excites me," said Tittle.
"It excites our staff, and everything we are trying to do is phenomenal in terms of why we are independent — exposure — and fans are going to be excited about the direction we are moving."
Of course, the impact will be moot if BYU athletics doesn't produce wins.
That's the challenge.
"We are at a time that may be unprecedented in BYU athletics history, where both the football and basketball programs are very successful," said Title. "Certainly this is one of the best times as far as our programs being healthy."
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Brighton four-star recruit Sione Lund commits...
- Schedule only gets tougher for BYU basketball...
- Utah Jazz: Hayward finally has breakout game...
- Cougars relish opportunity to play in-state...
- BYU's bowl destination — Las Vegas or...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- BYU-Utah State: How to watch, listen to or...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 59
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 51
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 42
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's... 28
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 28