Red roundup: Jim Boylen, Ray Giacoletti not interested in Eastern Michigan job
Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Former Utah coaches Jim Boylen and Ray Giacoletti are no longer in consideration for the vacant Eastern Michigan job. Boylen declined an interview for the post because "the timing for me wasn't great right now." The Detroit News also reports that Giacoletti isn't interested in the EMU position.
Ex-Utah coach Urban Meyer had dinner with Colorado State coach Steve Fairchild and spoke to his team while in Fort Collins for a speaking engagement.
Former Ute Andrew Bogut is considered the key to the Milwaukee Bucks' future.
Utah kicker Coleman Petersen is profiled in The Daily Utah Chronicle. Former Ute Louie Sakoda is helping his development.
And finally, Brandon Burton is projected by Mel Kiper Jr., to go to the Philadelphia Eagles in the second round of the upcoming NFL Draft.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27