“I have known many members of your church — and I have never known one who was not a good citizen and a fine, wholesome person — but David O. McKay embodies, more than anyone that I have ever known, the virtues and the drawing-power of your church.
"David McKay, almost thou persuadest me to be a Mormon! And knowing what family life means to the Latter-day Saints, I cannot speak or think of President McKay without thinking too of that gracious and spirited young lady who is his wife.”
President Herbert Hoover
“I have witnessed their devotion to public service and their support of charitable efforts over our country and in foreign lands during all these years. I have witnessed the growth of the church’s communities over the world where self-reliance, devotion, resolution and integrity are a light to all mankind. Surely a great message of Christian faith has been given by the church — and it must continue.”
John F. Kennedy quoted the 11th Article of Faith in his Tabernacle Address. Also, “Tonight I speak for all Americans in expressing our gratitude to the Mormon people — for their pioneer spirit, their devotion to culture and learning, their example of industry and self-reliance. But I am particularly in their debt tonight for their successful battle to make religious liberty a living reality — for having proven to the world that different faiths of different views could flourish harmoniously in our midst.”
Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher
“Yours is a most remarkable story of faith in action, and it changed the world.”
President of Taiwan Ma Ying-Jeou about the Mormon missionaries
“Their clean image elicits good feelings.”
Angela Lansbury about singing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
“The spirit of this place is so evident. It is all enveloping. It’s all around me. I feel buoyed up by it. This has been one of the things I felt very strongly about being here. I didn’t realize that I was going to be hit by this extraordinary spirit. I haven’t experienced this before. It’s quite unique, people doing something for the love of it.”
Walter Cronkite about performing with the Tabernacle Choir
“I hope that somewhere, Mom and Dad are proud that little Walter is performing with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I have never been a religious person in the conventional sense, but I have felt nearer to my God the past couple of days than ever before.”
Taken from the book "Much Ado About Mormons," available at Deseret Book and Seagull Book.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Leading Jordanian Muslim and Christian...
- LDS YouTube family, the Shaytards, featured...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- A year later: Humanitarian Bishnu Adhikari...
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the world's most...
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 54
- Lois M. Collins: The 'death' of faith... 48
- Sunday School leader apologizes for... 40
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 38
- Defending the Faith: Perhaps the... 22
- The spiritual revolution taking place... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Leaders close conference by urging... 13