SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development has a new deputy director, Sophia DiCaro.
"Sophia is a key player on the state's economic development team, which is working daily to distinguish Utah as an economic leader in the nation," Gov. Gary Herbert said in a statement.
Prior to her appointment, DiCaro had served as the economic development office's finance director and had worked on behalf of the office with the Legislature and other state agencies.
The office's executive director, Spencer Eccles, praised her "optimism, character, work ethic, understanding of all Utah state agencies and our internal departments" as well as her "keen strategic sense."
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7