SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development has a new deputy director, Sophia DiCaro.
"Sophia is a key player on the state's economic development team, which is working daily to distinguish Utah as an economic leader in the nation," Gov. Gary Herbert said in a statement.
Prior to her appointment, DiCaro had served as the economic development office's finance director and had worked on behalf of the office with the Legislature and other state agencies.
The office's executive director, Spencer Eccles, praised her "optimism, character, work ethic, understanding of all Utah state agencies and our internal departments" as well as her "keen strategic sense."
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14