SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development has a new deputy director, Sophia DiCaro.
"Sophia is a key player on the state's economic development team, which is working daily to distinguish Utah as an economic leader in the nation," Gov. Gary Herbert said in a statement.
Prior to her appointment, DiCaro had served as the economic development office's finance director and had worked on behalf of the office with the Legislature and other state agencies.
The office's executive director, Spencer Eccles, praised her "optimism, character, work ethic, understanding of all Utah state agencies and our internal departments" as well as her "keen strategic sense."
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- No money for House Speaker Becky Lockhart's...
- 'We're not going to stop'
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 34
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 23
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 11