SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor's Office of Economic Development has a new deputy director, Sophia DiCaro.
"Sophia is a key player on the state's economic development team, which is working daily to distinguish Utah as an economic leader in the nation," Gov. Gary Herbert said in a statement.
Prior to her appointment, DiCaro had served as the economic development office's finance director and had worked on behalf of the office with the Legislature and other state agencies.
The office's executive director, Spencer Eccles, praised her "optimism, character, work ethic, understanding of all Utah state agencies and our internal departments" as well as her "keen strategic sense."
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Missouri hiker found dead in hot Wayne County...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- New solar panels are symbol of the... 11