Blue roundup: More awards for Jimmer Fredette (and other Y. athletes)
Joseph R. Putnam
During its annual Cougar Club Y Awards Tuesday night, numerous BYU athletes were honored, including Jimmer Fredette (male athlete of the year and performance of the year), track and field star Lacey Cramer Bleazard (female athlete of the year) and quarterback Jake Heaps (male rookie of the year award).
Read about all of the awards that were handed out, and the event, here. The Y Awards will be broadcast later on BYUtv.
On Monday, the Deseret News provided a link to a story from the Post-Star in Glens Falls, N.Y., about BYU requesting that Fredette not attend class due to his rampant popularity. His appearances on campus were becoming too disruptive, according to Fredette's dad, Al. In case you missed this article, you can find it here.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 41
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26