Power pick: "Me? Religious? Never! Having grown up in a family where religion wasn't present but principles, values, culture and tradition were heavily emphasized through actions more than words (no TV on the weekdays, family dinners were a must, filial piety was expected — not encouraged, and consideration for others came before your own needs), I never questioned what was right or wrong and welcomed debates with others to discuss the different outlooks, society's interpretation and the steady decline our morals seemed to have taken lately. I admired those who were religious but did not ever wonder what it was all about. In fact, after having a stint with attending church every Sunday for a year in high school and subsequently witnessing the hypocritical nature of religious college students who did not come across as 'good' people which thereby lead me to stop going to church, I could safely say I had tried it." But what happens next is just priceless in this wonderful essay on how "It Used to Just Be Me" about a faith journey that takes this blogger into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hat tip to Mormon Mommy Blogs.
Seen this? "Jump, Jive an' Wail" with BYU Vocal Point in this fun and loud music video that takes place, of all places, in the BYU Library. It'll stick in your head for the rest of the day.
Techie tip: A hearty congratulations to the LDSNewsroom, who announced yesterday, “We reached 10,000 followers today. Thanks for your support! Keep following @LDSNewsroom for official church news. #lds #mormon.” Awesome!
Emily W. Jensen updates “Today in the Bloggernacle” on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best of what we've seen from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended “Bloggernacle Back Bench” appears on MormonTimes.com on Tuesdays.
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of prophets
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 46
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 17
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4