Now that BYU has locked up coach Dave Rose with a five-year contract extension, Cougar basketball eyes are on assistant coach Dave Rice, a finalist for the UNLV head-coaching job. Though he has never been a head coach, he is considered the leading candidate for the position.
From this article in the Las Vegas Sun, Ryan Greene interviewed former BYU players Jackson Emery and Lee Cummard, who fully endorse Rice. As a former Runnin' Rebel, it's safe to say that coaching UNLV would be Rice's dream job.
"You don't spend 10-plus years at a place if it doesn't hold a special place in your heart," Cummard said via email from France, where he's playing pro ball. "We knew that as players, but we also knew that he wanted to win games against Vegas as much as any other, if not more. There is no question everybody sees the writing on the wall."
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45