BYU basketball: Dave Rose staying is Dave Rice leaving?
It's official — BYU coach Dave Rose is staying in Provo to help usher in a new era of Cougar basketball. While national player of the year Jimmer Fredette will be gone, BYU is set to become a member of the West Coast Conference. A news conference is being held this afternoon with Rose and athletic director Tom Holmoe to discuss Rose's new contract, which will include a hefty pay raise.
Meanwhile, Rose's top assistant, Dave Rice, is a finalist for the UNLV head coaching job. Read the Sporting News' take on the Rebels' vacancy, and a rundown on the top candidates, here. Rice is a former UNLV player, part of a team that went to back-to-back Final Fours and won the 1991 national championship. He also spent a decade on the Rebel bench as an assistant coach.
BYU finished No. 13 in the final USA Today coaches poll. Check out the entire poll, and an overview of each team, here.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans... 19