Lakers star Kobe Bryant was hammered by the Jazz's Kyrylo Fesenko during last Friday's game after which Fes flipped the ball at Bryant. When reporters later asked Bryant about the incident, he said, “That kitty cat can't hurt me, man.”
Asked whether it “ignited” him, Bryant replied, “Teddy bears don't ignite me.”
Pressed about whether it was a sign of disrespect, Bryant chuckled, “Are we seriously talking about Fesenko right now? Next question.”
Rock On longs for a return to the playoffs, so he can watch K-Fes give Kobe his Ukranian Death Stare, aka the Kitty Cat Surprise.
Among David Letterman's ways to know you've been watching too much March Madness:
"Your kids are named Xavier, Duke and Notre Dame."
"You are having exotic dreams about Verne Lundquist.
"You propose to your girlfriend using a dry erase board."
"You have spent thousands of dollars in plastic surgery trying to look like Jim Boeheim. "
New Ute basketball coach Larry Krystowiak told the media on Monday that “it takes a village of people” to build a great basketball team.
OK, so it's a village of people with 45-inch verticals and/or a 7-foot wingspans...
BY THE NUMBERS
Nineteen percent is:
(a) Butler's field goal percentage in the national championship game.
(b) The odds of the Jazz making the playoffs next year.
(c) The chances of the Ute P.A. announcer correctly pronouncing “Krystkowiak” on his first attempt.
Looking for something to do after her divorce, Laura Vikmanis tried out for the Cincinnati Bengals cheer squad two years ago.
Now she's 42 and on the squad – the NFL's oldest cheerleader - and New Line Cinema is planning a movie.
Just wondering, does this mean 46-year-old Jeff Hornacek is the answer to the Jazz's worries at shooting guard?
TC Chong, quoted in the Saskatoon Star-Phoenix about seven New York State workers who won the $319 million lottery: "Looks like the lucky winners can finally afford a pair of Yankees season tickets."
email: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: therockmonster
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Utah Jazz: 'Hungry' Trey Burke keeping busy...
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State all...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th in...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 98
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 49
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 49
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32