SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority will be operating on a special service schedule for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' conference weekend. Group rates for round-trip fares as well as increased frequency to help moderate traffic congestion downtown will be offered.
City-bound trains will leave the Sandy Civic Center every 10 minutes today, from 7:58 a.m. to 9:18 a.m., 12:18 p.m. to 12:58 p.m., and from 4:18 p.m. to 4:58 p.m. Saturday, FrontRunner service runs every 60 minutes, departing Ogden at 16 minutes after the hour.
TRAX trains depart Salt Lake Central Station for Temple Square every 10 minutes. Northbound FrontRunner trains depart from the Salt Lake Central Station at 57 minutes after the hour.
On Sunday, trains will leave the Sandy Civic Center for downtown Salt Lake City, every 20 minutes, beginning at 7:58 a.m. Trains will depart Fashion Place West for downtown every 10 minutes between 7:58 a.m. and 9:08 a.m. There will also be trains running every 10 minutes from Sandy Civic Center to downtown, between 12:18 p.m. and 12:58 p.m.
Early service will be provided on the University line, with two additional trips departing Medical Center to City Center at 7:58 a.m. and 8:18 a.m. Regular service from Medical Center will begin at 9:22 a.m.
There is no FrontRunner service on Sundays.
There will be two extra TRAX trains departing from downtown to Sandy Civic Center following each session on both days of the LDS Church's general conference. All Sandy line trains will have extra cars to accommodate the crowds.
UTA suggests that riders purchase a round-trip fare to reduce wait time at the ticket machines on the return trip. Riders traveling together may purchase a UTA group pass, which allows four people to ride round-trip for $13.50 during regular service hours. The pass is good on TRAX, bus and FrontRunner trips.
For detailed schedule information, visit www.rideuta.com or call 801-RIDE-UTA.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17