Apparently Jim Boylen is a tough man to replace. The lengthy search for a new basketball coach at the University of Utah took another twist and turn Thursday when Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reported that Randy Bennett of Saint Mary's turned down an offer from athletics director Chris Hill. The two reportedly met in Phoenix on March 22 to discuss the Utes' vacancy.
— Former Utah assistant Barret Peery, who lost his job when Boylen was fired, has a new gig. He's the new head coach at junior college powerhouse Indian Hills in Iowa.
— ESPN.com's Andy Katz notes that Utah hasn't pushed for Old Dominion's Blaine Taylor, and even if the Utes did, he may not leave the Monarchs.
— And finally, new women's basketball coach Anthony Levrets is profiled in his hometown newspaper in Bandon, Ore.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 61
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 23
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20