Many are familiar with Mormon Messages — streams of inspiring messages and information about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Recently, the church launched an unprecedented International Video Contest that allows members to make their own Mormon Messages.
The contest invited LDS members ages 13 and older to make their own video messages about LDS history, beliefs, values, scripture, Mormon life in general, music videos and other topics. The contest is no longer accepting video submissions, but those interested can vote on their favorite videos through April 4 at classic.lds.org/visitorschoice.
Forty video submissions were determined finalists in the contest. The videos were divided into five groups based on quality of the video and the age of the creator. Viewers can vote for their favorite video in each category.
Finalist videos were selected based on the "successful expression of a Mormon Messages theme and on the excellence of technical implementation, creativity, and originality of the video," according to the International Video Contest web page.
The finalist videos consist of a variety of topics including honesty, gratitude, missionary work, making good decisions, self-worth and conversion stories. The videos were submitted from all over the nation and from countries such as Japan, Italy and Germany.
According to the International Video Contest web page, "The purpose of this video contest is to give more members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints worldwide an opportunity to strengthen their testimonies as they share their talents with worldwide members and to 'join the conversation' in sharing the gospel with the world. This contest will also help gather videos and material that could be used in future Mormon Messages and other church video projects."
Up to three winners in each video category will be awarded $500.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm headed to...
- Pres. Monson teaches Christmas is the time to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and Winston...
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did not win'...
- Amish school shooter's kin: Horror, then healing
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 101
- Ask Angela: I'm 24 and I think I'm... 55
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 27
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach... 22
- Space and religion: How believers view... 19
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Mark Twain and... 12
- One year since Sandy Hook: 'Evil did... 9
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the... 8