The Top 20 things that need to be changed in the world of sports
This first round would be full of exciting games with the higher seeds hosting the games. Potential second-round games include Boise State vs. Auburn; Ohio State vs. Stanford; TCU vs. Oklahoma, and LSU vs. Oregon. This tournament would be full of great atmospheres and great match-ups. The counter arguments here are numerous, but they are all really just masks for the real argument — money. The good ole’ boys don’t want to lose their money. I don’t even care if they get all the money from this tournament as long as we get a true national champion!
Honorable mentions: Relax college football celebration rules; Get some actual musicians for the Super Bowl halftime shows; Get rid of the Lottery in the NBA draft and switch the New Orleans Saints nickname with the Utah Jazz nickname.
Changes I would NOT make: Keep the 16-game season in the NFL — 18 games is ludicrous. If you are going to say you care about player health, let’s not subject them to two more weeks of brutally physical NFL games. Not to mention, did you see the last couple weeks of the NFL season last year? There were tons of meaningless and boring games. Let’s not extend that another two weeks, and let’s not expand the Major League Baseball playoffs with another wildcard. The baseball playoffs are already long enough with too many days off. The month of October is one thing Major League Baseball does really, really well.
Trevor Amicone is the Sports Director at 88.1 Weber FM "Ogden's Radio Station" and host of the Sports Talk Radio Show, "Fully Loaded Sports with Trevor Amicone." To check out more blogs, go to justsayinsports.tumblr.com or weberfm.org.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 26
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24