Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Zach Coombs, left, Alison Davis and Victoria Ridge join hundreds of other fifth- and sixth-graders for the University of Utah's 14th annual Elementary Engineering Week at the U. in Salt Lake City Monday, March 28, 2011. The weeklong event is designed to introduce young students to the field of engineering. Each day during the event, more than 400 students from five schools will visit the U. to construct towers of drinking straws, catapult marshmallows and build clay fish.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 38
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 22
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14