Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Zach Coombs, left, Alison Davis and Victoria Ridge join hundreds of other fifth- and sixth-graders for the University of Utah's 14th annual Elementary Engineering Week at the U. in Salt Lake City Monday, March 28, 2011. The weeklong event is designed to introduce young students to the field of engineering. Each day during the event, more than 400 students from five schools will visit the U. to construct towers of drinking straws, catapult marshmallows and build clay fish.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11