What do you remember from last October’s LDS general conference?
Test your memory and knowledge by taking this 10-question quiz. This is an open-book quiz, so feel free to look up the talks for help if necessary.
1. In his opening remarks, President Thomas S. Monson announced five new temples. Name three of the five temples.
2. True or False: In the General Relief Society meeting, Relief Society General President Julie B. Beck said the Relief Society can now be found in nearly 170 nations.
3. In his Saturday morning talk, “Of Things That Matter Most,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf identified four key relationships to develop in this life. Name the four relationships in order.
a. Ourselves, God, families, fellow man
b. God, ourselves, families, fellow man
c. God, families, fellow man, ourselves
d. Families, fellow man, ourselves, God
4. In his Saturday afternoon talk, “The Transforming Power of Faith and Character,” Elder Richard G. Scott said, “The bedrock of character is _______________________.”
5. Elder Patrick Kearon gave a talk during the priesthood session titled, “Come unto Me with Full Purpose of Heart and I Shall Heal You.” He told a story about camping in the Arabian Peninsula as a boy and being bitten on the foot by which creature?
c. Dung Beetle
6. True or False: In the priesthood session, President Thomas S. Monson spoke about the three Rs of choice: right of choice, reliability of
choice and the results of choice.
7. True or False: In his Sunday morning talk, “Trust in God, Then Go and Do,” President Henry B. Eyring said we show our trust in the Lord by listening, learning, repenting and doing whatever we are asked to do.
8. In his Sunday morning talk, “The Divine Gift of Gratitude,” President Thomas S. Monson said, “A grateful heart comes through expressing ____________________.”
9. Elder David A. Bednar offered three suggestions for seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost in his Sunday afternoon talk, “Receive the Holy Ghost.” The first is “sincerely desire to receive the Holy Ghost.” The second is “appropriately invite the Holy Ghost into our lives.” What is the third?
a. Faithfully pray to the Lord
b. Faithfully obey God’s commandments.
c. Faithfully read the scriptures
d. Faithfully attend church meetings and the temple.
10. Elder M. Russell Ballard was one of the last speakers Sunday afternoon. Fly-fishing, the devil’s tricks and overcoming addictions were among the topics he discussed. What was the title of his talk?
a. “O That Cunning Plan of the Evil One”
b. “The Adversary’s Awful Chains of Death”
c. “The Snare of the Devil”
d. “Wickedness Never Was Happiness”
Bonus: Which general authority prerecorded his remarks in three different languages?
a. Elder Richard G. Scott
b. Elder Neil L. Andersen
c. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
d. Elder David A. Bednar
1. Lisbon, Portugal; Indianapolis; Urdaneta, Philippines; Hartford, Conn.; and Tijuana, Mexico.
3. c. God, families, fellow man, ourselves
4. c. Integrity
5. d. Scorpion
6. False – President Monson spoke of the right of choice, responsibility of choice and the results of choice
7. True – “You show your trust in him when you listen with the intent to learn and repent and then you go and do whatever he asks.” (President Henry B. Eyring)
8. d. Gratitude
9. b. Faithfully obey God’s commandments.
10. a. “O That Cunning Plan of the Evil One”
Bonus: b. Elder Neil L. Andersen prerecorded his talk in French, Spanish and Portuguese