WEST VALLEY CITY — A custodian at Granger High School has been arrested for allegedly stealing money out of the school safe.
Robert Walker, 18, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Tuesday for investigation of five counts of burglary and four counts of theft.
Police were initially called to investigate several incidents of money being taken from the school safe as well as a teacher's desk. Video cameras were set up around the area where the safe is located, in the main office behind a locked door, and eventually captured Walker spinning the dial on the safe, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
After confronting Walker, investigators say he told them he had gone into the safe room on at least five different occasions since Feb. 18 and had discovered the combination, the report states. He is suspected of taking about $600 from the safe and another $60 from a teacher's desk.
Walker had been a sweeper at Granger for about two months. Prior to that he worked as a custodian at Granite Peaks High School.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24