WEST VALLEY CITY — A custodian at Granger High School has been arrested for allegedly stealing money out of the school safe.
Robert Walker, 18, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail Tuesday for investigation of five counts of burglary and four counts of theft.
Police were initially called to investigate several incidents of money being taken from the school safe as well as a teacher's desk. Video cameras were set up around the area where the safe is located, in the main office behind a locked door, and eventually captured Walker spinning the dial on the safe, according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.
After confronting Walker, investigators say he told them he had gone into the safe room on at least five different occasions since Feb. 18 and had discovered the combination, the report states. He is suspected of taking about $600 from the safe and another $60 from a teacher's desk.
Walker had been a sweeper at Granger for about two months. Prior to that he worked as a custodian at Granite Peaks High School.
E-mail: email@example.com Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 14-year-old boy is losing his sight but sees...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13