BYU basketball: Can the Cougars reach the Elite 8 and beyond?
BYU cleared one huge hurdle last weekend in Denver, advancing to the Sweet 16 for the first time in 30 years. This elusive achievement was historic for the Cougars. But can they match the 1981 team's performance and reach the Elite 8? How about going to the Final Four for the first time in school history — in coach Dave Rose's hometown of Houston?
The Sporting News' Mike DeCourcy ranks the 16-team field and each team's chances of winning the national championship. Check out where he rates BYU.
USA Today offers a video analyzing BYU's matchup with Florida and a prediction.
Here's another look at the Cougars' matchup on Thursday with Florida.
ESPN's Pat Forde expounds on the NCAA Tournament's winners and losers through the first two rounds. He is impressed with how BYU is winning as a team despite adversity and also says Rose will either get a more high-profile job, or a big raise, after the season is over. Here's another one of Forde's observations: "Loser: Bourbon Street. With BYU among the four teams headed to New Orleans, potential revenues from some of that locale's drinking and entertaining establishments could be down 25 percent."
This observer predicts a victory for BYU on Thursday and explains why.
The Legend of Jimmer Fredette Continues, writes the International Business Times.
Last but not least, here's an interesting football link — Five BCS Busters to Watch, from the Orlando Sentinel. Not surprisingly, BYU makes the list.
Jimmer on SI cover
For the second straight week, Jimmer Fredette will be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The image shows Fredette hitting a 3-pointer during the Cougars' victory over Gonzaga on Saturday. The issue hits newsstands tomorrow.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33