SALT LAKE CITY — Westminster College has hired Jin Wang as dean of the Gore School of Business. He will start in July 2011.
“Jin brings a global context to the Gore School that is the future of business education,” said James Seidelman, provost and vice president for academic affairs in a press release. “We believe he can provide us with additional opportunities with our college’s intersections in Asia.”
Wang most recently held the position of associate provost and dean of academic services at The University of Tampa, the release states. He has held a variety of administrative and academic positions at the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point and Rowan University.
He has has served as the founding president of the Council of Chinese American Deans and Presidents, chairman of the board of directors of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay and as a board member of Sias International University Foundation — the first American university in China.
“I look forward to helping Westminster students succeed in their personal and professional lives, and to leading the GSB to new levels of excellence,” Wang said.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 50
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 17
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15