SALT LAKE CITY — Westminster College has hired Jin Wang as dean of the Gore School of Business. He will start in July 2011.
“Jin brings a global context to the Gore School that is the future of business education,” said James Seidelman, provost and vice president for academic affairs in a press release. “We believe he can provide us with additional opportunities with our college’s intersections in Asia.”
Wang most recently held the position of associate provost and dean of academic services at The University of Tampa, the release states. He has held a variety of administrative and academic positions at the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point and Rowan University.
He has has served as the founding president of the Council of Chinese American Deans and Presidents, chairman of the board of directors of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Tampa Bay and as a board member of Sias International University Foundation — the first American university in China.
“I look forward to helping Westminster students succeed in their personal and professional lives, and to leading the GSB to new levels of excellence,” Wang said.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 84
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 31
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7