One dead, two hospitalized after carbon monoxide poisoning in St. George
ST. GEORGE — One woman died Sunday and two of her siblings were hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their home.
A member of their church found the three siblings, who live together at 633 E. Lexington Drive, just after 3 p.m., St. George Fire Capt. Jason Whipple said. He said the individuals were active members of their LDS Church ward and when they weren't at Sunday's services, a member of the congregation went to check on them and found them in the home.
One woman was declared dead at the scene. Her sister and brother were transported to an area hospital in critical condition. They were unconscious at the time.
All three individuals are in their 80s, Whipple said.
Officials from St. George Police and Fire responded and determined a car that was left on in the home's closed garage was the source of the carbon monoxide.
"From everything we saw, it looked like it was accidental," Whipple said.
The car had shut off by the time officials arrived. The incident remains under investigation.
Whipple did not have the identities of those involved, but said they are well-known in the community and have children and grandchildren in the area.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 16