Mike Terry, Deseret News
Knitting and crochet enthusiasts gathered Saturday at a "mini knit-in" at the Utah Arts Alliance. The group is getting a head start on knitted items that will be placed around the city on parking meters, light poles, benches and trees for Salt Lake City's Art's Festival. It is also part of the Random Acts of Art. A grand knitting installation will be revealed June 18 on Washington Square in Salt Lake City as part of the World Wide Knit-in-Public Day. "Mini knit-ins" will take place through June, with a final knitting rally planned during the Utah Arts Festival.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 19
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8