Jimmer Fredette: Pres. Obama chimes in on Sports Illustrated cover boy
SI's Luke Winn talked to another coverboy, Kansas' Marcus Morris, about Fredette. Morris and Fredette were teammates last summer in Las Vegas during the USA Basketball Select camp.
“He’s got heart. You can see he has a feel for the game, and he can SHOOT IT from anywhere. Even if you try to box-and-one the guy, he brings it up and just pulls up from the hashmark. That’s tough to guard," Morris said of Fredette. “He’s a great kid, too, if you’ve ever met Tyrel Reed on our team, he’s like that — Christian kid, is open about a lot of stuff.”
Winn also asked Morris about Jimmer's lifestyle.
“He just read his Bible. Maybe he went out to eat with his friends, but he came right back in, and he went to sleep early. He was over 21, and he didn’t gamble, anything like that. We were in Vegas, and he went to sleep early. But that’s just the type of guy he is — he doesn’t change for anybody.”
NBCsports.com's Matt James delves deep into Jimmer's name, including a conversation with Fredette's namesake, Jimmer St. Clair.
And finally, First Fan President Obama chimed in on Jimmer when filling out his NCAA Tournament brackets with ESPN.com's Andy Katz, saying, "Unbelievable. Best scorer obviously in the country."
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25