SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County's chief administrative officer, Doug Willmore, has been selected to be the new city manager of El Segundo, Calif.
Willmore has been a part of Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon's administration since 2004, where he has overseen 4,000 full-time employees and an annual operating budget of $650 million.
"He was the first person hired when I was elected," Corroon said. "He's been a great manager and the driving force behind many of our major initiatives the past six years. I think El Segundo made an excellent choice."
Linda Hamilton, the county's Public Works director since 2006, will succeed Willmore as chief administrative officer on April 18, when Willmore assumes his new position.
Willmore, who holds a bachelor's degree in public administration from George Mason University and a master's degree in public administration from the University of Utah, was chief executive officer of Reference Pathology Services from 1999 to 2004. The company is a leading pathology research laboratory doing business in 30 states.
Willmore started his career working in Central America for the Agency for International Development of the U.S. State Department from 1985 through 1988. For the next 10 years, Willmore worked as a consultant advising large organizations, public and private, on producing long-term organizational culture change.
Hamilton, a Utah native, earned her bachelor's degree in psychology and master's in human resource management from the U. She has worked in federal, state and local government, including a stint a senior analyst in the Governor's Office of Planning and Development and one year on the late Gov. Scott M. Matheson's personal staff.
Corroon appointed Hamilton chief financial officer of Salt Lake County in 2005. A year later, she was named public works director.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15