Recently, People Helping People was recognized in a national report by The Philanthropic Collaborative. The report summarizes the positive impact foundations and nonprofits support have on local economies.
According to the report, 81 percent of program's graduates report they are self-sufficient.
"What we try to do is benefit everyone," Cardona said. "Our clients benefit. Their children benefit. Our volunteers benefit. The companies benefit from the training our clients receive."
Single mothers job fair tonight
People Helping People will provide single mothers an opportunity to meet with nearly 50 private and public sector employers and community resource agencies.
When: Today from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Where: LDS Church Offices, 3740 Market Center Drive, Riverton
To register: At the door or go to www.ldsjobs.org
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14