As an award-winning professor and writer, Black enjoys spending time with her husband, Harvey, playing the odd ping-pong game, and the occasional indulgence of her favorite food, chocolate. (Although if you asked her after New Year's Day, she would tell you her favorite food is an orange because of a recent New Year’s resolution.)
Black has been teaching at BYU for 32 years. The thought has crossed her mind to retire, but each time one of the apostles has called her to say her work is not done. Apparently this is not the time for her to just "head to the beach."
"I’ll keep teaching until students don’t sign up for my classes, when I can’t relate to them, or I view them as an irritation in my life," Black said.
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Redskins find new opponent, supporter of name...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 22
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 18