Jimmer Fredette: Grasshopper has grabbed the pebble from his master's hand. Grasshopper is now the teacher. Too much? How about 52 points on 22-of-37 shooting. Oh, and despite having his hands on the ball on virtually every offensive possession in the game, Fredette had just two turnovers. Hey Tre'Von Willis, thanks for the motivation. Again. Grade: A+
Charles Abouo: Fouled out late, but provided big-time toughness for the Cougars inside. Remember — nine days ago, Abouo had just three rebounds in New Mexico's 18-point blowout. This time around, Abouo had seven manly rebounds, two tough steals and even used his five fouls in a macho manner. Grade: B+
Jackson Emery: Jimmer likes the rims at the Thomas & Mack Center. Emery does not. He made just 3-of-11 shots and just a single 3-pointer. But how good was his triple-nickle of five steals, five assists and five rebounds? Two steals in the final two minutes really helped push the Cougars over the top. Grade: A-
Kyle Collinsworth: He had a dead spot this season following that concussion and a slow return. But the true freshman has found his hoops legs again at a critical juncture for BYU. The Provo High grad nearly doubled his season averages in points and rebounds with 11 and nine, respectively. Now if he could just figure out that free-throw thing. Grade: A-
Noah Hartsock: A yeoman-like effort by the undersized post player. Hartsock has accepted the challenge of getting tougher inside with the absence of Brandon Davies. The junior from Oklahoma had seven points, six rebounds, three blocks, two assists and one takedown. Grade: A
Logan Magnusson: The curly-haired one must lead college basketball in charges taken per minutes played. He had another one tonight (after three yesterday) and also grabbed a couple of rebounds in 16 minutes of play. Grade: B
Stephen Rogers: Five minutes, no recordable stats. At least he didn't shoot any airballs. Grade: Incomplete
James Anderson: DNP
Brock Zylstra: DNP
Andy Griffin is a southern Utah broadcaster and sports writer and has been involved in covering sports in Utah, including professional, college and high school sports, since 1989.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20