A week ago, BYU was being projected as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Now, less than a week to go before Selection Sunday, and with the Mountain West Conference Tournament tipping off this week, the Brandon Davies-less Cougars' stock has fallen. Check out ESPN's Joe Lunardi's latest bracket here, which has BYU as a No. 2 seed in the West facing Northern Colorado in Denver. NBC also projects the Cougars as a No. 2 seed in Denver, playing Long Beach State. Jerry Palm gives BYU a No. 4 seed in Denver, taking on Oakland.
Here are a few links about Davies, his dismissal and how his absence might affect BYU:
— Yahoo Sports writes about Davies "receives cheers while clipping the net."
— Sports Illustrated looks at how the Cougars might fare without Davies in the lineup in the MWC Tournament.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45