A week ago, BYU was being projected as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Now, less than a week to go before Selection Sunday, and with the Mountain West Conference Tournament tipping off this week, the Brandon Davies-less Cougars' stock has fallen. Check out ESPN's Joe Lunardi's latest bracket here, which has BYU as a No. 2 seed in the West facing Northern Colorado in Denver. NBC also projects the Cougars as a No. 2 seed in Denver, playing Long Beach State. Jerry Palm gives BYU a No. 4 seed in Denver, taking on Oakland.
Here are a few links about Davies, his dismissal and how his absence might affect BYU:
— Yahoo Sports writes about Davies "receives cheers while clipping the net."
— Sports Illustrated looks at how the Cougars might fare without Davies in the lineup in the MWC Tournament.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16