A week ago, BYU was being projected as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
Now, less than a week to go before Selection Sunday, and with the Mountain West Conference Tournament tipping off this week, the Brandon Davies-less Cougars' stock has fallen. Check out ESPN's Joe Lunardi's latest bracket here, which has BYU as a No. 2 seed in the West facing Northern Colorado in Denver. NBC also projects the Cougars as a No. 2 seed in Denver, playing Long Beach State. Jerry Palm gives BYU a No. 4 seed in Denver, taking on Oakland.
Here are a few links about Davies, his dismissal and how his absence might affect BYU:
— Yahoo Sports writes about Davies "receives cheers while clipping the net."
— Sports Illustrated looks at how the Cougars might fare without Davies in the lineup in the MWC Tournament.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22