Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
BYU's basketball program has been the center of attention for months. Now, in the wake of the dismissal of starting center Brandon Davies, the school's Honor Code is being heavily scrutinized by the media around the country.
BYU confirmed that Davies' infraction was not criminal in nature and that an Honor Code review is being conducted to determine his future with the team and the school.
CBS News has this piece titled, "Was Brandon Davies unchaste, untrue or worse?"
This blog weighs in on BYU honoring its own Honor Code.
ESPN's Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless examine if the Honor Code is "unrealistic."
CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd looks at BYU's Honor Code from a football perspective. Dodd talked to coach Bronco Mendenhall in Provo hours before the news of Davies' suspension broke.
Here's a poll from ESPN.com, asking readers if they could adhere to the Honor Code. As of Wednesday afternoon, the vote was split 50-50.
CBS Sports blogger Gregg Doyel says he admires the way BYU handles these Honor Code issues.
ESPN's Pat Forde writes that with its decision about Davies, BYU "puts principle over performance."
And the New York Times has weighed in on BYU's Honor Code, too, saying that the Code"separates BYU from other teams."
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No. 23 in...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- Amy Donaldson: Domestic violence isn't a...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a little...
- With Chuckie Keeton's status still uncertain,...
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6 seasons, but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU safeties Craig Bills, Dallin...
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 129
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Vai's View: BYU's greatest quarterback... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 43
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 43
- BYU football report card: Mostly B's... 36