Stuart Johnson, Deseret News
BYU's basketball program has been the center of attention for months. Now, in the wake of the dismissal of starting center Brandon Davies, the school's Honor Code is being heavily scrutinized by the media around the country.
BYU confirmed that Davies' infraction was not criminal in nature and that an Honor Code review is being conducted to determine his future with the team and the school.
CBS News has this piece titled, "Was Brandon Davies unchaste, untrue or worse?"
This blog weighs in on BYU honoring its own Honor Code.
ESPN's Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless examine if the Honor Code is "unrealistic."
CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd looks at BYU's Honor Code from a football perspective. Dodd talked to coach Bronco Mendenhall in Provo hours before the news of Davies' suspension broke.
Here's a poll from ESPN.com, asking readers if they could adhere to the Honor Code. As of Wednesday afternoon, the vote was split 50-50.
CBS Sports blogger Gregg Doyel says he admires the way BYU handles these Honor Code issues.
ESPN's Pat Forde writes that with its decision about Davies, BYU "puts principle over performance."
And the New York Times has weighed in on BYU's Honor Code, too, saying that the Code"separates BYU from other teams."
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- Commentary: The 15 kings of BYU football, the...
- University of Utah 'restructures' athletic...
- High School Football: Wasatch Mountain Air 7...
- Dick Harmon: Hope is a real thing for BYU...
- Basketball bonds: Gordon Hayward's father has...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 96
- NBA fans attack 11-year-old's national... 36
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 20
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 14
- Brad Rock: USU coach Matt Wells has... 11