Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Here's a sampling of what the media is saying today:
ESPN's Eamonn Brennan writes about how BYU's dream season has become a nightmarish situation.
Mike DeCourcy of The Sporting News breaks down how Davies' dismissal could impact BYU's NCAA Tournament seeding.
The Bleacher Report looks at why Davies' suspension could prove costly when it comes to BYU's NCAA Tournament hopes.
CBS Sports blogger Gregg Doyel says he admires the way BYU handles these Honor Code issues.
— ESPN's Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless discuss BYU's honor code and the dismissal of starting forward Brandon Davies here.
— ESPN bracketlogist Joe Lunardi says BYU is still a No. 1 seed, despite Davies' suspension.
— Rivals.com says Davies' suspension threatens BYU's charmed season.
CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd looks at BYU's Honor Code from a football perspective. Dodd talked to coach Bronco Mendenhall in Provo hours before the news of Davies' suspension broke.
Here's a poll from ESPN.com, asking readers if they could adhere to the Honor Code. As of Wednesday afternoon, the vote was split 50-50.
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Jazz forward Trevor Booker assists Utah...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 45
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 32
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30