Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
Here's a sampling of what the media is saying today:
ESPN's Eamonn Brennan writes about how BYU's dream season has become a nightmarish situation.
Mike DeCourcy of The Sporting News breaks down how Davies' dismissal could impact BYU's NCAA Tournament seeding.
The Bleacher Report looks at why Davies' suspension could prove costly when it comes to BYU's NCAA Tournament hopes.
CBS Sports blogger Gregg Doyel says he admires the way BYU handles these Honor Code issues.
— ESPN's Chris Broussard and Skip Bayless discuss BYU's honor code and the dismissal of starting forward Brandon Davies here.
— ESPN bracketlogist Joe Lunardi says BYU is still a No. 1 seed, despite Davies' suspension.
— Rivals.com says Davies' suspension threatens BYU's charmed season.
CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd looks at BYU's Honor Code from a football perspective. Dodd talked to coach Bronco Mendenhall in Provo hours before the news of Davies' suspension broke.
Here's a poll from ESPN.com, asking readers if they could adhere to the Honor Code. As of Wednesday afternoon, the vote was split 50-50.
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah? BYU?;...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 95
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 43
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 27
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs... 20